What is eConsult?
An online consultation enables you to contact a GP or other health professional over the internet. It saves you waiting for an appointment or going to the GP surgery. You can tell your GP about your health using a smartphone, tablet or computer. The type of online consultation you have depends on your needs and the nature of your request – face-to-face, telephone, email or SMS.
Use eConsult to ask your GP surgery about your health symptoms, conditions or treatment.
- You can even request things like sick notes and GP letters.
- Find your symptom, condition or request.
- Fill out a quick form.
- Your practice responds by phone, SMS or email, usually by the end of the next working day.
eConsult is free to use for NHS patients via:
- Our website homepages www.gpbarking.com
- The NHS App: www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/the-nhs-app
Get help fast from your own NHS GP practice
eConsult enables NHS based GP practices to offer online consultations to their patients.
This allows patients to submit their symptoms or requests to their own GP electronically, and offers around the clock NHS self-help information, signposting to services, and a symptom checker.
Designed to enhance patient access, improve practice efficiencies and signpost patients to the right place at the right time for their care.